Do you want to work in an exciting start-up which has all the ingredients to become an industry player? Are you naturally curious and passionate about learning? Look no further, Herringbone & Sui is the place for you!
Herringbone & Sui creates impeccable made-to-measure suits and Indian formal wear for sophisticated men. The atelier specialises in Neapolitan suits, and sources their fabrics from some of the finest mills in Biella, Italy, where their time-honoured craftsmanship makes for clothing that lasts for a lifetime. With a network of skilled stylists helping every client find his personal style, the Herringbone & Sui experience is unlike any other. Each stylist provides the best possible service, customised fit and personal attention. Herringbone & Sui seeks to deliver high quality custom clothing at scale, and wraps it with service and personal attention that few other retailers match.
Herringbone & Sui is looking for a Head of Accounts who will be responsible for directing and overseeing day to day activities of all accounting, financial and administrative functions of the company and ensure department is organized, efficient and produces accurate financial and management accounts.
Herringbone & Sui is at the for front of luxury and technology, and is always looking to enhance their customers experience. They are committed to making every consumer’s experience a rewarding one, and as a key member of the leadership team your contribution will play a huge part in their success. They want you to be part of this impact story!
Whats on offer? A highly competitive salary up to 7 Lakhs and be responsible for owning a range of projects, including the strategy, definition and execution.
The Head of Accounts reports to the Director.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible to monitor, control & management of overall accounting and financial operations (working capital, capital expenditures, debt levels, taxes, budget, and general accounting) on Daily / Weekly / Monthly basis and ensure proper and accurate maintenance of all Books of Accounts.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Establish and maintain stable cash flow management policies and procedures, and ensure cash resources are available for daily operations and business and product development.
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Ensure that checks and balances in the established internal control system are continuously operating as required;
- Ensure that all accounting information and financial data, paper-based and computerized, is effectively stored, maintained, archived and updated on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis;
- Ensure timely reconciliation of accounts of all stores prior to consolidating the same for the company’s monthly trial balance and P&L account.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analysis, and information reports.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide management and pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, department budgets, ledger, and account maintenance.
- Ensure timely management of all Banking and legal related compliances.
- Timely preparation and disbursement of payroll.
- Ensure timely management of all statutory (TDS and GST etc.) related compliances.
- Ensure timely management of Audit related tasks.
- Ensure timely finalization of Balance sheet.
- Provide corrective, preventive and disposition actions for the audit reports raised by Internal Audit and Statutory functions.
- Responsible for delegation, monitoring, reporting and training of all Accounts Staff.
- Ensure accurate reconciliation of vendor accounts.
- Any other duties assigned by Management.
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in a senior role.
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or Minimum CA Inter level graduate.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Excellent verbal, organizational and written skills.
- Experience in Garment manufacturing industry preferred.