• Conduct standardized tests on food, beverages, additives, or preservatives to ensure compliance with standards and regulations regarding factors such as color, texture, or nutrients.
• Perform regular maintenance of laboratory equipment by inspecting, calibrating, cleaning, or sterilizing.
• Analyze test results to classify products or compare results with standard tables.
• Maintain records of testing results or other documents
• Record or compile test results or prepare graphs, charts, or reports.
• Compute moisture or salt content, percentages of ingredients, formulas, or other product factors, using mathematical and chemical procedures.
• Responsible for managing quality and safety standards of food products and food manufacturing.
• Ensuring that food products meet standards set by both their companies and regulatory authorities.